Making changes in our lives can be hard. REALLY hard. But it is possible to move ahead and create the life that you want to live. It is possible to look inside, know yourself with kindness and believe wholly in your own worth.
What kind of changes?
- Mid-career change
- Relationship change
- Health status change
- Adapting to new social norms
- Attempting to come to terms with life-long issues of self-acceptance or self-esteem
- Family role changes
- And many more…
Even when we know what we want as an outcome, there are many obstacles to face, both internally and externally.
While the specifics of your change are unique, there are many commonalities involved in making a change:
- Grief and loss for the past
- Anger if you did not choose the change
- Depression and anxiety about how to take the action steps you would like
- Confusion about what steps to take
- Fear about what lies ahead
- Insecurity / uncertainty about your ability to follow through and be successful
Often the magnitude of these obstacles is enough stop us from taking the actions we want. But you can be different. You can overcome your doubts in a way that is authentic to you and aligned with the goals you have.
Over the years, I have had to deal with many major life changes. From switching career paths, to losing a significant love relationship, to coping with my diabetes, I have learned that the ideal is to flow with change. I have also learned that this is not easy. 🙂
In working together, you have the opportunity to grow in a safe environment at a pace that is comfortable for you. We can work together to find out what inspires you and how to build more of that into your life. We can also address the unresolved pain from the past and the present that keep you stuck in familiar patterns that do not serve you.
Please contact me to see how we can work together.